Greene County S.T.E.M. Student Science Enrichment Program
College and/or Career Readiness
(Sponsored by the Burroughs Wellcome Fund)
• Learn how to conduct scientific research that leads to innovation.
• Engage students in long-term and ongoing student-led STEM research.
• Work collaboratively and develop 21st Century skills while solving a global problem.
Sponsored by the Burroughs Welcome Fund, is seeking 16-20 high school students in grades 9-12 who are willing to apply for this opportunity to:
• Participate in a one-week camp at East Carolina University (all expenses paid) from June 26-29 2018 to explore “cutting edge” research in several fields of science and medicine.
• To develop a research idea and conduct scientific research to solve a problem. Then, students will present and defend their research at the Regional Science and Engineering Fair at East Carolina University in 2019.
The costs of meals, lodging (at ECU), and materials will be provided for all students who are accepted and complete the activities outlined in the grant. An informational session will be communicated and held at Greene Central for students accepted to participate in the Student Science Enrichment Program during the summer of 2018 in the Library at Greene Central on February 20th, from 5:30-6:30. Dinner will be provided.
To apply: Scan the QR Code below or click on the following link: SSEP Application.
Applications and questions may be directed to: Mr. José Garcia at firstname.lastname@example.org