2014 Invitation To Present
“Picture This” - Science for the 21st Century
Dear Science Educator:
Once again, we’re calling for proposals to present at our 44th annual Professional Development Institute. This year we’re back at the Benton Convention Center in Winston-Salem, November 6-7th. We hope you are willing to share your expertise and time with other science educators from across the state. Each year our participants look forward to what you have to share, new lesson plans, innovation and mentoring our new teachers.
This year our theme is “Picture This” - Science for the 21st Century. All proposals will be considered, but we encourage you to tie your presentations to our strands selected for this year.
Using 21st Century Learning to Teach Science
21st Century Learning is a framework promoted by the NC Public Schools.
· Learning and Innovations skills
· Information and Technology Skills
· Professional/Career Skills
Best Practices That Engage Our Students
· Using Data to Direct Instruction
· Meaningful Inquiry that Develops Student Problem Solving
· Strategies to Address Student Misconception of Core Science Content
· Best Practices that Promote Application of Science Content
· Strategies to Use Collaborative Learning Effectively to Promote Scientific Literacy
Science Classrooms that Integrate Literacy and STEM
· Integrating Literacy Strategies in Science Instruction
· Using the Engineering and Design Process to Teach Science
· Project Based Learning that Promotes the “E” in STEM
· How to Promote STEM Careers During Science Lessons
· Teaching Science as Applied Mathematics
We hope you’ll join us again, or for the first time, in helping our Science Educators with “Picture This” – Science for the 21st Century. Click here to access our on-line presenter application form or register from the website at www.ncsta.org.
We look forward to receiving your proposals. Deadline for submission is June 2nd.